ARM is a partner of Childline India Foundation,Mumbai since 2012
The objects and mission statement of CIF and CHILDLINE
CHILDLINE is India’s first 24-hour, toll free, emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection linking them to long-term services for their care and rehabilitation. Any child and concerned adult can call 1098 and access the CHILDLINE service any time of the day or night.
A child-friendly nation that guarantees the rights and protection of all children
CHILDLINE will reach out to every child in need and ensure their rights and protection through the 4 Cs:
- Connect through technology to reach the ‘last mile’.
- Catalyze systems through active advocacy.
- Collaborate through integrated efforts between children, the state, civil society, corporate and community to build a child friendly social order.
- Communicate to make child protection everybody’s priority.
CHILDLINE 1098 service credo:
- CHILDLINE 1098 is a special family
- Every call is important
- CHILDLINE 1098 does not work alone
- CHILDLINE 1098 is transparent and accountable
Objectives of CHILDLINE 1098
- To reach out to every child in need of care and protection by responding to emergencies on 1098 and by physically reaching out to children.
- To adapt and integrate telecommunication technology, linking all districts to the service of 1098, and making it available to all children in need of care and protection.
- To provide a platform of networking among organisations and to provide linkages to support systems that facilitates the rehabilitation of children in need of care and protection.
- To work together with the Allied Systems (Police, Health Care, Juvenile Justice, Transport, Legal, Education, Communication, Media, Political and the Community) to create child friendly systems.
- To advocate for services for children that are inaccessible, non-existent or inadequate.
- To create a body of NGOs and Government organisations working within the national framework and policy for children.
- To be a nodal child protection agency in the country, providing child protection services to children in need of care and protection.
- To set up innovative child protection services leveraging technological advancements in areas where such services are inaccessible, non-existent or inadequate
- To undertake research with the objectives of strengthening the CHILDLINE 1098 service, and studying new and emerging trends in child protection issue
- To contribute and work towards strengthening and participating in a global movement that addresses issues related to child protection and ensures that children’s voices are heard.
CHILDLINE Child Protection Activities:
- Responding to calls on the national toll free number 1098 and provision to rescue and offer emergency outreach services for children in need of care and protection;
- Coordinating rescue and other outreach services with the help of relevant local departments like police, administration, labour, health, railways and others;
- Ensuring proper documentation of all children rescued to facilitate their rehabilitation and restoration, where necessary;
- Producing children before the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) for ensuring care and protection;
- Supporting the CWC in the long term rehabilitation of children, where required;
- Supporting a national network for the tracking of missing children;
- Providing data related to children rescued and rehabilitated to for compilation of a national comprehensive database of child protection;
- Creating awareness and ensuring access to the 1098 Child helpline (CHILDLINE) number;
- Capacity building and training of Allied Systems and civil society organisations on child protection issues
- Initiation of prosecution and follow-up of the same in cases of child abuse, child trafficking, child labour, and commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Research, documentation, awareness and advocacy on issues related to Child helpline;
- Establishing linkages with other child protection services, community and local bodies for meeting the immediate needs of children rescued.
|Activities||No of cases||No of Cases||No of cases|
|Parent Asking Help||04||30||10|
|Protection from abuse||26||35||87|
|Child conflict with Law||0||03||03|